Saturday, February 2, 2008

Real Moments - Friend and Family Captured!

As a recent potential client pointed out (and I totally agree), my online portfolio doesn't contain enough real moments captured of friends and families at weddings....I guess when I was putting the portfolio together (which I update all the time) I was thinking to myself that no one would want to see these because they wouldn't know the story behind each one...so they'd be wondering who those people were..but potential clients do want to see them...and I still want to tell the story behind each one...after all, that feeling that you get...when all of your loved one's reunite to celebrate with you...that fealing makes your wedding day so incredibly special....and creating honest images of those moments is a big part of what I do....so here's a few of my favorites....

This is one of my all time favorites of the parents of the bride sharing a dance.....

















and the mother of the groom seeing the bride for the first time in the dressing room before the ceremony...
























this bride really wanted a shot of her with all of her girlfriends...I just love how happy she is to have them all around her and when I see this image, it reminds me of that same feeling I felt at my own wedding!

















at weddings, love is infectuous....

















































I have no idea why....but I can't resist capturing your friends and family capturing their own favorite images of the day....


















and sometimes I get caught ;-)
























Throughout the coctail hour and reception, I float around capturing guest having fun together, sometimes when they see me they get together and pose...some photographers hate this...but I don't mind at all...I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me...that's the nicest shot we've had of us in a long time....

















































































































I just adored this old couple...they had such young hearts!
























I love this image because you can just feel how excited everyone is to get their own picture of the 'first kiss'....

















This bride told me this was one of her favorite images....It was taken while she stook next to her new husband and she and her bridesmaids wrapped thier arms around eachother while they watched a slideshow the bridesmaids had prepared of the bride and groom growing up...

















And here is one of that same bride walking from the ceremony to the reception as all the guests followed her lead....When I see her face in this image...I'm reminded of how happy she was...and this one is special to me because this bride is my sister in law, and I couldn't have asked for anything more for her on her wedding day (on a side note...I made her bouquet...didn't I do a fabulous job???) ;-)


















And then of course, there is the party....

This little girl danced, danced, danced all night...and I couldn't resist taking pictures of her...


















I keep coming back to this one...and for the longes time I couldn't figure out why...and then it hit me...this mother just looks so proud to be dancing with her son!

















more party fun....




































This is one of my favorites....it's a shot of all the bridesmaids dancing with the father of the bride...I spent a lot of time with this family...and it was so clear to me how much all of the brides friends adored her father...this image reminds me of that....
And this may be my favorite father/daughter image of all time....






I'm working on a several new websites to debut in the summer....mine is starting to feel very crowded...I need a wedding site, portraits, seniors and adironack fine art prints...anyway....when the new site is up, I'll be sure to include a gallery of real moments!

No comments: